21.8.08

marking the occassion

I was seeing this guy for a few weeks. This photo is the only evidence I have of our little dalliance. It didn't work out. I'm a bit confused as to how some one so young and sweet and gentle could tie themselves up into such knots about life that they couldn't get past their own finger tips to learn about and enjoy some one else.



He seemed so fresh and wonderful for the first five minutes but scratching the surface left me confused and worn out. He spent the whole time we were in each other's company navel gazing and looking for excuses as to why this wouldn't work out. It didn't work out cos I enjoyed looking at his face more than the top of his head.

1 comment:

Dave ~ said...

Dalliance is such an ace word. Sorry it didn't work out, but it sounds like you met the guy at the wrong time in his life. I've found it is much better to find someone who is comfortable in their own skin. Someone who knows who they are - that doesn't mean arrogance by any stretch. Just someone who won't spend their time trying to find themselves - they've already done that - now they can spend time with you, exploring the 'us'. I wish you luck. I'm an optimist and say it's only a matter of time. It'll be worth the wait.