10.5.09

Lanyon Homestead - trees


Lanyon Homestead - trees, originally uploaded by r a v e n 78.

Leo
Jul 23 - Aug 23

Your Week Ahead: You can't get anywhere if you think you are not in a position from which it is possible to proceed. You are scuppered before you start if you start with a feeling that you have no starting place. You have to begin by deciding that it's possible to move from where you are to where you want to be. Once you have convinced yourself of that, everything will alter - including your perception of the present place. It will then become somewhere with something to offer instead of somewhere you wish you were not. Recognise what's good about what seems bad. If you can only fill your heart with hope this week, your life will naturally well up with all else you need.



I started out online today by uploading some images to flickr. One was this gumtree. I took the photo a few days ago on a uni trip to Lanyon. I was having a miserable day. I was feeling homesick and really far away from the kind of life I want. The caption I added to it as it was loading was homesick for gum trees. While it was loading I looked at my stars in the Feral Scum newspaper and it was exactly on this issue. I don't necessarily believe in horoscopes in the traditional sense but I do like how reading them can sometimes help you articulate where you are at and give you a different framework from which to view things.

I am ok here in Canberra. I do have an awesome job and amazing friends. But I do look forward to the day when I can resettle down South.

No comments: