20.3.09

More on Mardi Gras

Ok. So I went to Sydney a few weeks ago. My mate Squeeze had a free hotel stay for 2 nights and had to make use of it by a certain date... I landed a few hours before S and spent a couple of hours wandering about gawking at this and that. S arrived and we headed back out for a walk to Darling Harbour, we'd missed the boat in regards to dinner and were left with the dismal choice of sausage in bread with or without cheese... So of course, as cheese is one of my favourite food groups (along with champagne and chips...) we chose the cheese...

Saturday morning saw us hit the streets, our goal was some time at Paddy's market (where I landed myself the coolest green hat - will post soon) and a bus trip to the suburbs to visit Signature Prints. Where we were invited out the back for a tour of sorts... luckily we were armed with cameras and given permission to shoot.

After we came down from that cloud we returned to the hotel to rest up eat chips and get ready to head out to Mardi Gras. Everything they say about it is true. It is fun and joyous and apart from an over dramatic teen queen or two the entire event was a blast. Squeeze and I danced and laughed and photographed our way down Oxford Street. Special mentions go to hot guy on a pole, 2 guys in rahrah skirts and the Columbians who all danced very well...

I was so over hyped and happy (chemical and alcohol free) I didn't sleep til after 3 am. Sunday morning we wandered down to the Quay. We ate breakfast and we wandered back to the hotel. Squeeze took off at lunchtime and I bussed it to Coogee to catch up with a mate who had recently moved from Canberra. Coogee was gorgeous! We have plans to get jobs and move there when we grow up.

Sunday night was spent out in the burbs. It rained and rained and was so beautiful!

Monday we drove home... and we will never ever pull off the freeway ever again...

No comments: