4.12.08

The coolest thing I did today was

go to a talk by flickr designer George Oats. Her talk was fantastic and I really wish I could have taken everyone from my section at work to listen to her talk...

After a small introduction to the history of flickr she launched into a chat about The Commons... not long ago I made the Australian War Memorial a contact on my flickr site and George was talking about all the different cultural institutions now on the Commons and about some of the amazing things that had happened since they went online...

The Library of Congress joined last January and over the course of the first hour or two their page had grown a few hundred tags. By the next day LOC had 11,000 tags... George showed the screen shots and we saw the tag cloud grow over the course of the day.

The photo is of a soldier in the Korean war. His identity is unknown and maybe through The Commons this dapper looking chap will get a name and a story...



Links... The Commons,
my flickr site and the AWM.

No comments: